3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2017 9:56 AM by cable2001

DevCon2Go for notes

cable2001

Did anybody use the DevCon2Go app for taking notes last year? If so, did everything go ok?

I ask because two years ago I did that but when I got home every single note I took was gone. I suspect that it happened during an update.

It is handy to take notes right in the app but I don't want to risk it if anybody else had a similar experience last year.

• 1. Re: DevCon2Go for notes
          beverly

My suggestion was to have a way to store the data that does not get touched by an update. I believe others also suggested that. I don't know if that got implemented. You might look at the other threads on DevCon2Go.

Beverly

• 2. Re: DevCon2Go for notes
            lavendt

Hi cable2001

I am the developer of DevCon2Go17 (as well as last year)

This year, I have enhanced the update features for both data updates and app updates.

The App updates is now "In-app" updates, which means that there is a feature included within the app.

When you chose to update the App, it will first create tmp files with with your selected sessions (MySchedule), session notes and Contacts.

Then it will update the app itself and import the data from your previous version.

So, this year, you can safely update both data and the app itself, without loosing your data.

Hope you'll enjoy the conference as well as the DevCon2Go17 app.

• 3. Re: DevCon2Go for notes
              cable2001

Cool, thanks. I really like the app, nice work.