1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 7:06 AM by TSGal

Problem with panel drawing on OS X

user1922

Product and version FileMaker Pro 16.0.1.162

OS and version Mac OS 10.11.6

Browser and version NA

Hardware MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Description Panels are not clearing correctly  when moving fro panel to panel, sometimes content from 2 panels is displayed

How to replicate Use go to object to switch panels

Workaround Go to layout first instead of just go to object

• 1. Re: Problem with panel drawing on OS X
          TSGal

user1922:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to reproduce the issue using FileMaker Pro 16.0.2 under Mac OS X 10.11.6 (and macOS Sierra 10.12.5).  This is what I have done:

1. I created a new database file with four Text fields:  Name, Address, CityStateZip, and Phone.

2. On the layout, I created a Tab Control with two panels: Address and Phone.

3. I also assigned an object name for each panel: "Address" and "Phone".

4. On the Address panel, I put the fields Address and CityStateZip.

5. On the Phone panel, I put the field Phone.

6. I created two buttons, "Address" and "Phone" that execute a single step: Go to Object, selecting Address, and Phone, respectively.

7. In Browse mode, I added one record and manually selected the tab panel to enter the information.

8. I clicked the buttons many times to switch between tab panels.  I never encountered content from both panels at the same time.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can reproduce the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.