1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2017 11:18 PM by dburnham

Quick Find in FileMaker Go

dburnham

I am trying to help a client use Quick Find in FileMaker Go.   He can tap the magnifier icon in the menu bar and he can choose Quick Find.  However it doesn't do anything because there doesn't see to be a Quick Find entry field anywhere in FileMaker Go.   If there is, I can't find it.

I found a help document that appears in English, however, it seems to be a German document.  I've seen this before in the Community Discussions, where the things I am reading are in German when I am signed in to English.  But that's another story.

Anyway, the article is  Antwort-ID-12805.  It may be obsolete because it mentions FileMaker Go 13, not 16, 15 or 14. 

Screen Shot 1.png

There is mention of the operators that work in Quick Find but I could not find anything about the reason why the Quick Find search field doesn't appear anywhere but I did find this.  I bet it is intended to say Custom Menus not Customer Menus, but who knows for sure?

• Customer menus cannot override the Quick Find control nor Save Record/Exit Record.
        1 2 Previous Next