1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 9:00 PM by CarlSchwarz

FMP Emailing using Outlook, Yahoo & Google SMTP Servers

dbsjef@gmail.com

Outlook:  I'm unable to email out of Filemaker Pro 16, 15 or 14 thru an Outlook SMTP server with the following settings given to me by Microsoft Help.  I get Error 1506, "Email message(s) could not be sent successfully." 

SMTP Server: "smtp-mail.outlook.com"

Port: 587

Use TLS

Authentication Type: Plain Password

User Name: "XXXXX@outlook.com"

Password: "XXXXXXXXX"

Yahoo gave me the same error, Error 1506, with the following recommended settings:

SMTP Server: "smtp.mail.yahoo.com"

Port: 465

Use SSL

User Name: "XXXXXX@yahoo.com"

Password: "XXXXXXXX"

I also selected the less secure connection.

Google:  I was able to successfully email using Google with these settings:

SMTP Server: "smtp.gmail.com"

Use TLS

User Name:  "XXXXXXX@gmail.com"

Password: "XXXXXXXX"

I need to be able to email using all three (Outlook, Yahoo & Google) for testing.  Can anyone explain why the recommended settings shown above do not work for Outlook or Yahoo?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

• 1. Re: FMP Emailing using Outlook, Yahoo & Google SMTP Servers
          CarlSchwarz

Outlook works for me BUT you have to log into outlook.com webmail in the web browser on the same computer that you will be sending from otherwise spam protection prevents you from using the SMTP server.

Even if you do what I said above you will be spam blocked for various reasons, e.g. you haven't signed in to webmail for a long time or you send too many emails in a period of time

This is the settings I use

SMTP server: smtp.live.com

Connection Encryption: TLS

Authentication is plain password.

Also note that a DDR report run on the FileMaker file will reveal the email password.

The best way to do this is to use your own exchange server with the permissions opened up, then you can change the E-mail Address and Reply-To Address in FileMaker and send/receive email as whoever you want.  Otherwise it is not so reliable.

1 of 1 people found this helpful