AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strange question

Question asked by genera1che on Jul 19, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 by fmpdude

I have a strange occurrence, and I wonder if anyone can suggest a solution.

I have a FM 15 database tracking, among other things, days that employees have worked. Groups of continuous days in a month are saved as individual records in a JobLine table, i.e. if someone works from the 1st to the 5th of a month, then there is a JobLine for that with a d_Date_Start of "01/07/2017" and a d_Date_End of "05/07/2017". The start date is entered automatically when the line is created, but the end date must be entered manually. The db is shared on FM Server 15 on a Windows Server 2016 machine in the local network.

The problem I am having is that the very first record in this table, every morning, the d_Date_End field is being replaced with a "?". No other records are affected, and deleting then reentering that record simply means that the record that now becomes the "first" in the table is affected instead.

Clearly there is a script somewhere that is causing this change (I really hope so, as anything else just doesn't bear thinking about), but the database is now rather large, and going through all the scripts one by one is something I'm putting off until absolutely necessary.

Is there any way to set up a script or some other solution to monitor this field, and record when and who or what alters the data stored therein?

Many thanks for your help,

Rob

Outcomes