This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Is the "different layout" based on the same table occurrence as that of the report's layout?
What kind of filtering? What data/criteria specifies which records to include or exclude?
General options that might work:
- Set up a relationship that matches to the set of records from which this value must be computed, then an aggregate function, Sum, count, average, etc. can compute a value based on the set of related records.
- Use the same relationship, but define a summary field in the related table and reference it to get/show the needed value.
- Use ExecuteSQL to compute the needed Aggregate value.
- A summary field inside a filtered portal might produce the needed value in cases where a relationship might not work.
- A script can perform a find using a layout based on a different table, set a variable to the value of a summary field from that table and then return to the report layout where either the variable can be used to show the value or it can set a field in order to show the value.