4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 2:07 PM by beverly

FileMaker upgrade problems from 11 to 13

smokey

I have a Music Publishing program that I developed on FMP  9, 10, and 11.  Everything works fine on 11, but I purchased a new Windows 10 lap-top and Adobe wouldn't work on it, so I purchased FMP 16 and installed it,  then some of my stuff wouldn't work properly on my program.  I saw where the FMP format changed starting with 12,  so I purchased FMP 12 and it still wouldn't work properly. I purchased FMP 13 and it's the same ole thing.

Is there something I can do to fix this problem, update a driver?  Any help will be appreciated.

• 1. Re: FileMaker upgrade problems from 11 to 13
          steveromig

I have a Music Publishing program that I developed on FMP 9, 10, and 11. Everything works fine on 11, but I purchased a new Windows 10 lap-top and Adobe wouldn't work on it, so I purchased FMP 16 and installed it, then some of my stuff wouldn't work properly on my program. I saw where the FMP format changed starting with 12, so I purchased FMP 12 and it still wouldn't work properly. I purchased FMP 13 and it's the same ole thing.

Is there something I can do to fix this problem, update a driver? Any help will be appreciated.

Probably would help us all to better understand what problems you are experiencing.

While some may have to tweak their solutions bit when moving from the .fp7 to .fmp12 file format, most will not.  It is possible you may have to make some minor changes to your solution in order for it to work with the likes of FileMaker Pro 16.  But without knowing what you are running into it makes it difficult to offer up some "next steps" for you.  Like, for example, what does Adobe, if anything, have to do with your solution?

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker upgrade problems from 11 to 13
            taylorsharpe

I've done many of these conversions and had only minor conversion problems.  You said "some of my stuff wouldn't work properly on my program."  Can you tell us what you mean by that?  Maybe even include a picture of whats going on or whatever we can help with?

• 3. Re: FileMaker upgrade problems from 11 to 13
              smokey

OK, this is what we did....In the "Business Type" you mark if someone is a "Writer"  or "Publisher".  When you go to "Compositions", the "W" or "P" is a "drop-down" and stands for Writer or Publisher (still with me?).  When I try to use the program is 12, 13, or 16 (I've bought a lot of FMP lately), if I use the "W" first, when I drop down the "P" it still drops down the "Writers" instead of the "Publishers".  If, however, when I open the program and use the "P" the publishers drop down and when I drop down the "W" I still get the publishers. (Confused yet?).

Any ideas

• 4. Re: FileMaker upgrade problems from 11 to 13
                beverly

Making the selection, then changing it is not refreshing the relationship?

Sent from miPhone