AnsweredAssumed Answered

Exchange Data with Javascript

Question asked by flowet on Jul 20, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2017 by makerbert

I'm using the open-source vis.js library to play with webviewer and see whats possible. I'm particularly interested in their network views.

Specifically I'm trying to find a way to create a hierarchical network with javascript, which is able to read and write data to FileMaker tables. The idea is to provide a structure for the hierarchy with FileMaker data and visualise it in a webviewer using vis.js. The user shall now be able to manipulate the structure, say add another hierarchy level or change the order.

Right now I'm stuck with getting the data out of the webviewer and into FileMaker. vis.js provides functions that allow you to extract the displayed data in JSON format. I can easily display and copy them from the webviewer into a FileMaker field, but obviously this solution doesn't have a future. So far my approach was to find a way to forward the contents of JavaScript variables to FileMaker.

Anybody any ideas? Is what I'm trying to accomplish even possible with current tools (I'm running FM16 both on client and (Windows-)Server)?

Outcomes