5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2017 10:57 AM by planteg

Filemaker go noise when committing a edit to a record

bob_w

filemaker go occasionally make a gong type noise when committing a change to a record, no error is given. Any idea how to stop this?

• 1. Re: Filemaker go noise when committing a edit to a record
          planteg

Hi,

is it doing a noise only for a specific file ? If so that could be because there is a script attached to OnRecordCommit script trigger would call Beep - can't tell how Beep sounds on FMGO.

• 2. Re: Filemaker go noise when committing a edit to a record
            bob_w

Thanks, I do have a script attached as I want the user to verify the change. No beep in it, it only happens once in a while and not on any specific record. I haven't been able to duplicate it on the desktop running file maker 16 advanced.   It seems to be an error tone, it happens when the user is prompted to "confirm save changes to this record" again rarely and randomly not a specific field or a specific record. Very weird I can post my scripts later when I get home  but I don't think it's a script issue. I am thinking about disabling dialogue  on the commit command and adding a show custom dialogue just for giggles to see if anything changes. 

• 3. Re: Filemaker go noise when committing a edit to a record
              planteg

Hum,

quite strange. Do you trap errors in your script - Set Error Capture On and Get(LastError) ? - maybe you could get a hint from that.

• 4. Re: Filemaker go noise when committing a edit to a record
                bob_w

No errors, But I think it found the issue. I think my script step of commit record with dialogue is bumping heads with the dialogue that is displayed when committing a record in a layout that has save records automatically unchecked. Turned off the dialogue and all seems good except the I am missing the extra warning I wanted to give the user if they toggled my edit mode instead of touching "done" when changing a record. I limited access to editing a record to enabling editing with an icon to touch to enable and disable editing, and to automatically close the edit mode on a record commit. Thanks for the help, I hope this helps anyone else who has a similar issue.

• 5. Re: Filemaker go noise when committing a edit to a record
                  planteg

...when committing a record in a layout that has save records automatically unchecked.

Yep. That seems weird but if you want to control committing records, you need to keep the option checked and to add a script to OnRecordCommit.