1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2017 4:49 PM by philmodjunk

Selecting date from a drop down list and converting it into different text.

stevoevans

Help needed please.

I'm an Osteopath and I've been working on Filemaker for my clinic.

When doing postural assessments I want to select from a check-box-set the type of posture the client has (seen in Picture One & Three). E.g. Sway Back

Then I want to generate a report, or have an interpretation of this date on another screen to show the patient.

The report would only show details of the psoture relevant to their individual posture selected from the Field 'Posture'

Eg of details I want to be shown when Sway Back is selected from a check-box-set are seen in Picture Two.

Thank you in advance

Steve

• 1. Re: Selecting date from a drop down list and converting it into different text.
          philmodjunk

Seems like these should be radio buttons not check boxes. Am I correct that you would only select one posture?

The additional data in your report should be set up as a table with one record for each posture. You can then link the record where you make the assessment to this added table by the posture value--which can be either the text shown or an ID field defined in this new table.

There are then a number number of ways to show this additional data after selecting a posture value.