Furthermore, now I get an 802 error from the same script with another database. The database opens, though the error is displayed. The path to this second database is not stored in a variable, but hard coded. It is local. Again, the script behaves different using the debugger. With debugger, no error occurs with this database (but still with the first database localized by variable).
Interesting: Even when I change back the file path to hardcode, the error message referring to the variable is shown (debugger). There is really something wrong with this feature.
Thank you for your posts.
Your screen shot shows the file cannot be found locally. Make sure the file is in the same folder with the current file.
Regarding the IP Address, I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. I created two files: 1d.fmp12 and 1e.fmp12
2. Using file 1d.fmp12, I created two scripts: Start and Call
Set Variable [ $$path ; "fmnet:/<IP Address of server>/1e.fmp12" ]
Perform Script [ "Call" ]
Open File [ Open hidden: Off ; "1e" ] which has the External path set to: $$path
3. After changing the admin password from <blank> to "admin" in both files, I uploaded the files to FileMaker Server 15.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.11.6 (I do not currently have a macOS 10.12.x server with FileMaker Server 15).
4. Using FileMaker Pro 16, I opened the hosted file 1d.fmp12, and executed the script "Start". 1e.fmp12 opens.
5. I closed 1e.fmp12, turned on the Script Debugger, and executed the script "Start". After stepping through the scripts with no errors, 1e.fmp12 opens.
Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can reproduce the issue.
TSGal: Thanks for your reply.
As I wrote, the local file is available, despite of the error. So, of course it is stored in the right folder. At first, the screenshot shows another thing: the global variable is defined with "file:UserDat". The alert shows, on some level filemaker is not looking for the content of the variable, but for the name of the variable, though it is defined.
Concerning your server scenario: do your FMS15 has a certificate?
I do not have a certificate with FileMaker Server 15.
I changed the "Start" script to:
Set Variable [ $$path ; "file:" & Get(DocumentsPath) & "1e.fmp12".
I then ran the script, and 1e.fmp12 opened locally.
So, if it works in your case, what do you think is wrong in my case?
I cannot determine what is wrong with your files without seeing them. Therefore, send in your files so I can test it here. I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the files.