AnsweredAssumed Answered

Week (not weekly) Schedule

Question asked by bvondeylen on Jul 22, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 by okramis

I would like to design a Week Schedule for our teaching staff in our school district. Monday through Friday.

Should be fairly simple. This is not a calendar, but a Week Schedule for the year. So, if I were the teacher, it would show what I am teaching on Mondays, Tuesdays, etc, NOT what I am teaching on Sep 24, 25, 26.

This is something we are currently doing on paper right now, but our building principals would like to search for teacher (especially traveling teachers who teach at multiple buildings) to see what is being taught at certain times of the day, and who should be in their building on each day and time.

The building administrators would like to see a time on each day (every 5 minutes).

So, in a sense, it would like a very simple calendar, but only Monday through Friday would display and there would be no dates associated. So again, very simple, a teacher would enter what gets taught on Mondays, Tuesdays, etc

The challenge I am seeing is teachers would enter a day (i.e. Monday) and enter a Start Time and End Time and enter what is being taught. I would like to display a Week Schedule on the screen that looks like a weekly calendar and has that time "Blocked off" from the Start Time to the End Time. If the teacher changes their mind, they should then be able to drag that block to adjust the time.

Since I am NOT dealing with a calendar (only Times) I do not need to worry about dates. Just the times on a generic Monday, Tuesday, etc

What I need help with is being able to "Block Off" a time frame when entering a Start Time and End Time, and they being able to graphically adjust (i.e. lengthen, move) that Block on the weekly schedule.

Any advice, tips, would be appreciated.

I have a FileMaker Server, but would then like to deploy this to teachers via a Web Interface. Some have FileMaker Client, FileMaker Go, but web direct would be best.

Outcomes