3 of 3 people found this helpful
Windows 10 now incorporate a built-in PDF printer. Did you try this one to see if PDF are created fine ?
Something else to try:
- Look for the FileMaker program, the name would be something like FileMaker Pro .exe
- Right-click it (you will need to be an Administrator) and select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Look for Compatibility mode and check the checkbox just below
- The dropdown list will be enabled, select Windows Vista (the oldest Windows there will be)
- Click Ok
That may help by having FileMaker kind of running on an older version of Windows.
What issue are you exactly running into.
Not meant to be a snarky reply, but consider changing to a mac. That kind of Windows "experience", in my experience, just never (EVER) happens.
??? Change to Mac ????
Windows is much more forgiving for old applications than Mac.
In a case where you are using a software that was release in 2006 do not try run something that you make money out of. Update to latest version of FileMaker. I guess you have updated your cell phone at least 5 times since 2006, so one update of FileMaker should be your next priority
Thank you for your input. We will try that.
Don't know about FMP 8, but assuming you're right, updating FMP to a current version -- especially considering how simple their application is -- should be an obvious investment.