amsc

FM Cloud - server side scripting engine

Discussion created by amsc on Jul 26, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 by monkeybreadsoftware

I've had a couple of instances where the scripting engine in FM Cloud doesn't start up correctly.  Its only happened twice, and they were not close together time wise (today and again several months ago), so this isn't a "burning" issue at all.  I'm more curious if there's a way to restart FM Cloud without having to restart the AWS instance. 

Here are my observations:

When I tested this morning, I got error# 812 (host capacity issues) for any PSOS call.   It happened when the first users started to log in for the day.  At that point, there's only 1 or 2 people logged in and only one of those people was attempting to run a PSOS script, so it can't be licensing or PSOS capacity issues.  When I look at the logs there are no obvious issues and in the console there are no "runaway" PSOS scripts logged in.  The instance goes through the recommended nightly maintenance schedule where, among other things, the system is restarted/rebooted; it appears that the engine just didn't come up correctly.   

When I restarted the AWS instance (i.e. reboot the server) the issue was resolved. 

Is there another way to restart the FM scripting engine or FM Cloud itself without having to reboot the instance? 

Thanks!

Alex

Outcomes