1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 4:10 PM by mikebeargie

Save changes FMS 16

keysolutions

Just installed FMS 16 on my Mac which seems to work OK.

But when I make changes to the Database Server settings these cannot be saved.

Deleted the FileMaker server completely from my Mac and reinstalled. But problem remains.

Previous installation was FMS15, which did not have this problem.

I’m running OS X 10.11.6.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

I deinstalled the server, dumped all files I could find and ran first aid on my disk.

After all this work I reinstalled the server and finally I was able do what I was trying to do.

I could save the changes to the database server.

Would have been nice if the server would give better error response and not just a message there are unsaved changes.

• 1. Re: Save changes FMS 16
          mikebeargie
          Would have been nice if the server would give better error response and not just a message there are unsaved changes.

This is a bit confusing, what more would you expect? Or do you mean that the message is not visible enough.

If you can make a "mockup" drawing of your idea, please post it to Product Ideas so it can be voted on.

Otherwise, you followed what I normally recommend to repair an installation; specifically you need to remove or rename this folder:

Macintosh HDD/Library/FileMaker Server

when you are reinstalling, so that the old files are not causing issues.