AnsweredAssumed Answered

Generating written reports on letterhead?

Question asked by ernieder on Jul 26, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2017 by beverly

Hello,

I have several questions regarding generating written reports.  If someone could point me in the right direction, perhaps with the proper terms to search for, I'm happy to do some more research about this myself so as to not take up too much of your time.

I would like to generate written reports that reference client and specific job information at the top and have a custom text field (of varying lengths) on the bottom.  These reports will be converted to PDF and printed or emailed.  I'd like these reports to be on letterhead with company logo, and have the second, third, etc. pages have a slightly different header that has some text to reference the client the report is for.  For example, on page 2, it might say "ID #34, client name" in addition to the company logo.

I've figured out how to reference the client and specific job info and I also know how to size the custom text field and apply a slider so it shrinks to the correct size.

1) Is it best to have the blank report on a separate layout or can it be included in a tabbed section of an existing job layout?

2) I know I can paste a picture into a layout and this could be my company letterhead but how do you ask filemaker to repeat the letterhead when the custom text extends beyond 1 page?

3) How do you add the "ID#, client name" on page 2 and beyond?

Thanks!

Outcomes