easyaspi

Flashing when going from form to list with Refresh

Discussion created by easyaspi on Jul 26, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2017 by TSGal

Product and version FileMaker Pro 16.0.2

OS and version Mac OS X 10.12.5

Browser and version none

Hardware MacBook Pro

Description: I have a Refresh script step attached to the On Record Load script trigger on my list view layout. It simply calls a one-step script with the Refresh step (I have tried it with and without Flush cached join results, but the result is the same either way). I need the Refresh in order to make some conditional formatting on the current record take effect. However, the Refresh is causing the header to flash.

I made a movie of the screen, and slowed it down so I could see what was flashing. When the layout first becomes active, the View selector still has Detail selected. The records in the list are visible, but the header is not visible. So the space that should have the header is actually momentarily occupied by the first couple of records! Then the header becomes visible. and those records move down to their rightful place in the list. But in that moment, the white of the record body has become visible for a split second, making it look like a flash.

I have attached a screenshot of those two moments; when the list view first becomes active (notice there is no header and the View icon still shows Detail), and a split second later when the header appears. Of course, you can't see the flash in these screenshots. The flash is the result of the white background of the first record being visible for a moment.

How to replicate Attach a Refresh script to On Record Load in list view.

Workaround (if any) None.

Outcomes