5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2017 4:52 PM by vic2046

Relating 2 Sections.

vic2046

Q 1:  How do we check mark a unique numbered coupon (√) in one section (C) and have this info transferred also to THE relevant numbered coupon in another section (B)?

Here are screen shots of our LayOut Format; in order to better relate to our question.

http://www.fishaven.com/fmp.html

• 1. Re: Relating 2 Sections.
          philmodjunk

What's most important is the tables and relationships on which you base your layouts. You have at least three tables:

Customers

Tickets

Customer_Tickets

You could easily have more. If you need sales invoices that record the sale of x tickets to customer y on a specific date, then you'll need a 4th table. Possibly:

Customers----<Invoices----<Invoice_Tickets>------Tickets

Tickets would be one record for each ticket you print out and have available for sale.

Invoice tickets would list the ticket numbers for a given sales invoice, one record for each ticket for a specific invoice.

You ask about a check mark, but what does that check mark indicate? The sale of a given ticket? The receipt of a given ticket? The basic trick that I've used for this is to use a button for the check mark that performs a script that either "checks" or "unchecks", by either updating a field or creating/deleting a related record. A graphic "tick mark" then becomes visible/invisible via a Hide Object When calculation that refers to that field or related record.

• 2. Re: Relating 2 Sections.
            vic2046

Hi Phil...

I could not really understand your response.

I have since update my link at fmp to help clarify my question?

Await your response. Thanks. Victor

• 3. Re: Relating 2 Sections.
              vic2046

So sorry phil,

The link should get you to my site where the screen shorts are and will give you a better understanding of my question.

Thanks Vic

• 4. Re: Relating 2 Sections.
                philmodjunk

I don't spot any new information.

It's simple question;

do do you want to click to check off each ticket as it is received or as it is sold or both.

My guess is that you want to check off each ticket as it is sold. Please confirm or correct.

• 5. Re: Relating 2 Sections.
                  vic2046

both.

I have since placed a clone of my work on my website; FisHaven.com/fmp.html