3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2017 8:22 AM by psijmons

Remote access fails

I'm working with a client who has deployed FMS11 on an enterprise-level server machine and virtual drive. While I'm on premises and connected directly (via Ethernet cable) into their network and using FMPA11, I can access the served files. Back in my office, using FMPA11 I cannot access the files. My office has a VPN connection to their network and I found that I can ping the server IP address and get a very fast response. I can also see the server files using Windows Explorer via the VPN connection. However, I can't access the served files using FMPA11 remote connection. This is driving me nuts. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

• 1. Re: Remote access fails
          Jens Teich

Port 5003 is available?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Remote access fails

Thanks for your reply. I asked my client's IT guy to open port 5003 and aim it at the FM server, and was assured that he did so. The IT guy further explained that I don't need port forwarding because the VPN provides a direct connection from my office to their network. Whether or not this is true I don't know; however, I can resolve their internal server IP address (i.e. 192.168.X.X) when the VPN is open, so it seems like his statement is true. My understanding of VPNs is fuzzy, and perhaps I need to further investigate this feature. It's possible that my misunderstanding of VPNs is the root of the problem. Again, thanks for the response.

• 3. Re: Remote access fails
              psijmons

Can you access the FMSAT and see in the log if any connection attempt comes through at all?

1 of 1 people found this helpful