3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 11:10 AM by grimofdoom

Change theme or layout part's background via script?

grimofdoom

Is it possible to change the layout theme or the background's of layout's from script steps? I know there is no way to set the layout part's background color as a variable, and there is no script step for specifically changing the theme- and I do not want to duplicate all my layout's and scripts to set for several themes by duplication (I have 30+ actively used layouts that are all important.).

• 1. Re: Change theme or layout part's background via script?
          psijmons

the short anser is no, but you may save changes to a style, then save that style to a theme and the changes will carry over to all layouts that are based on that theme.

Be carefull though, you may end up with unexpected changes when you did a lot of layout changes on a style. Be sure to backup before you start experimenting with this

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Change theme or layout part's background via script?
            danielfarnan

There are some other options. You can place a layout graphic object (a rectangle works best) on a part and use conditional formatting to change some of its characteristics based on the value in a field or global variable. Or you can have a container field that stores an image (or make it a calculated field with a container result, that pulls the image you want from a table of such images). If the objects are resized to fit the part, you get to simulate the effect you're looking for.

Also look into the formatting options for layout parts; the "primary", "alternate" and "active" states can each be defined for the Body part (which really only shows up in List View, but every little bit helps).

• 3. Re: Change theme or layout part's background via script?
              grimofdoom

Alright :/ As easy as it should be logically, I figured it would be doable. The users of this software find darker themes or lighter themes to be easier to generally use - and using those methods for 30+ layouts is rather work extensive for more than it should (considering all the text would have to be manually changed compared to simple modification of themes)