1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 8:36 PM by codecruncher

Applescript to import CD from itunes and then load into FileMaker Pro

DavidTinoco

If someone would be willing to help me with this I would be eternally grateful. I do not have experience with Applescript.

Basically, I have built a database that will be a catalog of spoken conferences.

Each conference contains anywhere from 10-20 lectures given on separate days, and there are about 50 conferences.

So essentially, about 500-1000 lectures.

What I would like to achieve, is to insert a CD into the computer. Each CD has meta data thankfully.

I want to click a button and activate a script in FM which launches an Applescript file to:

1. Tell iTunes to Import the CD tracks as AAC or MP3 files to a temp location on the hard drive

2. Import the tracks into FileMaker, each track being inserted into a container file in the tracks table.

3. Finally, read the meta data of the CD and import this into the lecture table, and create a one-to-many relationship to associate the lectures with this group of track records in the tracks table. [This would be done in FM, not applescript obviously]

4. Delete the temp files imported into iTunes to avoid redundancy.

The reason I don't want to use iTunes to catalog these recordings is that you cannot create "Sets" of albums, so I would have 1000 "albums" and what I want to is to be able to see the different conferences and drill down into the lectures of that particular set/conference.

Is this easy to do? Or am I asking for miracles?

THANK YOU.