2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2017 11:20 AM by TSGal

Escaped quotes within quotes in calculations block suggestions

realgrouchy

I thought I've reported (or at least seen) this before, but I can't find anything in the forums.

When typing in a calculation area (e.g. calculation editor), field/formula suggestions are disabled when typing between quotes, e.g.

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 14.19.47.jpg

It seems that the calculation editor enables suggestions only when there are an even number of quotation marks in the text preceding the cursor. So far so good...

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 14.19.59.jpg

Unfortunately, if I am trying to get, for example, a dialog to say "Press the "OK" button" but instead "OK" I want to insert a calculated value, the escaped quotation mark prevents the suggestions from showing. For example in the image below, it should be suggesting the "Substitute" formula, but instead is not showing any suggestions because it seems to think the cursor is between quotation marks:

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 14.20.11.jpg

Interestingly, in the example below, when I typed "problem" at the end, it (correctly) did not give me any suggestions, whether it was after a single quotation mark or the unescaped and escaped "\" marks. So that seems to understand escaped marks. However, if I try to type within the first quote section after the escaped quotation mark, it does give suggestions:

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 14.26.04.jpg

This has annoyed me for quite a while but (apparently) never enough for me to report it.

- RG>