4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 10:04 AM by TSGal

Zoom out and Insert current date - same shortcut.

siplus

Product and version FM 16

OS and version all

Hardware all

Description while typing into a field you might want to zoom out with ⌘- but you get the current date typed in

How to replicate type it

Workaround exit field before

• 1. Re: Zoom out and Insert current date - same shortcut.
          hschlossberg

Bug or feature?  I'd call it the latter and am sad no such thing was ever implemented on Windows.

• 2. Re: Zoom out and Insert current date - same shortcut.
            TSGal

siplus:

Thank you for your post.

If you are active within a field, the keyboard shortcut ⌘- will insert the current date.  If an object is not selected, then the keyboard shortcut ⌘- will zoom out the window.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Zoom out and Insert current date - same shortcut.
              siplus

Thank you for pointing out exactly what my post was about.

I already offered the solution as workaround. But.

It is bad enough when you have a shortcut achieving different things based upon a mode. It's even worse when the 2 things are on a different plan of magnitude. As in need for zooming happening more often, because in FM 16 you don't have zoom icons bottom left anymore, so out of 3 options you're left with 2: you can reach for the menu and select zoom out or you can type the shortcut.  I believe that you should differentiate the 2 things, making date typing cmd + alt + "-" and leaving cmd + and cmd - the zooming shortcuts independently of context. YMMV.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Zoom out and Insert current date - same shortcut.
                TSGal

siplus:

Since I'm unable to move your post to the Product Ideas board, I recommend posting the suggestion to the Product Ideas board at:    Product Ideas

The Product Ideas board is monitored by our Product Management and Development departments.  All suggestions are read, discussed and considered for possible implementation in a future release.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.