Product and version FileMaker Go 14-16
OS and version iOS 9 and 10
Description Once you use a Custom icon (in File Options > Icon), selecting the default FileMaker icon will not properly restore that icon, for files stored locally in FM Go.
How to replicate
- Create a new file
- [optional] close the file, note the file size, open it again
- File > File Options > Icon: Select a custom icon, Click OK to close the File Options dialog
- Again, go to File > File Options > Icon: Select FileMaker, Click OK to close the File Options dialog
- Close file and move it to FMGo
- Note the size of the file increased by approx. the same size as the custom icon you added, even though a custom icon is no longer selected.
- Open and close the file (sometimes I had to do this twice for some reason).
- Note the file's icon shown on the Recent tab of FMGo is the Default FileMaker icon, but the icon on the Device tab is the one you selected above.
Workaround None: once you use a custom icon, you have to use a custom icon if the file will exist on an iOS device.
Note that you can switch between the built-in icon's and the Default FileMaker icon. You can even see the file size increase slightly when a built-in icon is selected, then decrease slightly once the Default icon is selected again.