AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to use Get (AccountName) while referring to numerical values

Question asked by Shakib on Aug 2, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hi,

(Please see bellow a snapshot of a portion of the relationship graph of my database)

I need to define roles, in a way that a specific group of users have access only to a portion of the records on tables. The “limited” criteria should be defined based on the association of two tables (i.e. “Edited File” and “Staff-Edited File). I do not know how to do so.

Further explanations based on the following relationship graph:

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 10.43.58 PM.png

• Each “Project” might have several “Edited Files” and each Edited file might have a staff (from “Staff_Edited File” table, which is an occurrence of the table “Staff”) associated with it.
  • “__PKStaff ID”: an auto-enter serial number field.
  • The staff’s full name (which is identical to the account name by which the person will log on) is entered in a field called “name” that is on the “staff” table (the "name" field cannot be seen on the graph- sorry! but believe me, it is on the "staff", and thus, "Staff_Edited FIle" tables!!)

Each staff is responsible for some Edited Files. I want to design the privilege set in a way that each staff member could only see the records on “Edited File” that is associated with him/her. However, I also want that staff member to be able to see the “Project” records that are associated with their records on “Edited File”.

I tried to set a custom criteria (“limited” criteria) for the view/edit privileges (under Custom Record Privileges) for the tables.

My problem is that I do not know how to use the script “Get (AccountName)” while the “__PKStaff ID” (and thus, “__FKStaff ID”) are numerical. I have entered the full name of the staff member in the “name” field on the “Staff” table , however, the tables “Edited File” and “Staff_Edited File” are not connected through the “name” field, but through “__PkStaff ID” field which is numerical.

I hope I have explained myself properly. Any ideas are much appreciated!!

Let me know if you had any questions.

Thanks a lot!

Outcomes