5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2017 11:30 AM by TSGal

Print layouts changing formatting by FileMaker Version

PeterGort

We have a school customer who recently upgraded from FileMaker 13, to FileMaker 15.  When they went to print their school reports,  layout items that were mixed bold and plain text became all bold text.  The customer supplied me with a backup copy of their system from before the upgrade, to compare.   I opened the system up in 15 and looked, and sure enough, they were rendering incorrectly.  I then opened the database files in FileMaker 16, and they are identical to 15, everything bold text.  I then exited, and re-opened the files in FileMaker 13, and they render correctly, with mixed Bold and Plain text.  The change happens whether on Mac or on Windows, and all supported OS versions of both platforms. 

Our customer is understandably annoyed, and we are going to have to re-work all the print layouts involved, at our expense.  I have attached images of the outputs, correct and incorrect, and I can supply a clone of the database file that printed them, for investigation if needed.

• 1. Re: Print layouts changing formatting by FileMaker Version
          TSGal

PeterGort:

Thank you for your post and screen shots.

Please send in a clone of the database file so I can determine why this displays correctly in FileMaker Pro 13 but not in FileMaker Pro 15/16.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Print layouts changing formatting by FileMaker Version
            TSGal

PeterGort:

I received your file.  Thank you.

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 16.0.2 under macOS Sierra 10.12.6.  It took some time to locate the tables and fields (and creating another layout), but after entering one record and sorting by the Sub-Summary part, the data appears as expected (mixed Regular and Bold text).  See the enclosed PDF.

Please provide exact steps to reproduce the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Print layouts changing formatting by FileMaker Version
              PeterGort

Hello TSGal,

Thank you for your efforts, they are appreciated.  However, you do not need to actually put data into it and view it in browse mode, simply putting it in layout mode and comparing between 13 and 16, you should see differences.

I have emailed screen shots of what I see, to the same location as I sent the clone.  These screen shots are of the lower half of the layout that opens by default when you open the clone I sent you.  These are in FMPA 13.0v9 an FMPA  16.0.2.205, both on my Macbook Pro running El Capitan 10.11.6

Peter

• 4. Re: Print layouts changing formatting by FileMaker Version
                TSGal

PeterGort:

Thank you for the additional information.  I can now replicate the issue in FileMaker Pro 14/15/16.

I first noticed the theme being used was Classic, which has been removed from FileMaker Pro 16.  Still, changing to a different theme did not correct the issue in FileMaker Pro 13.  Only by making changes in FileMaker Pro 14/15/16 did the issue resolve.

I have sent your file along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Print layouts changing formatting by FileMaker Version
                  TSGal

PeterGort:

Testing is able to reproduce the issue in FileMaker Pro 14/15/16.  All information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.