3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2017 11:25 AM by philmodjunk

Filtering records by 2 fields, 1 not IsEmpty( ) ?

ezeitgeist

I have a table of Contacts records. I have users linked to those Contacts in a "Connections" table. To create labels for an individual user I can enter Find Mode for the Connections table and Set the User field with the User ID and then Perform the find to get the specific Contacts for that User.

HOWEVER, some of those Contacts do NOT have a mailing address in the system. I want to EXCLUDE those records. Is there an easy way to do this? I had one thought that I could add an additional field and give it a calculated setting so that when the Address line is NOT blank it is ="1" and then do a two layer Find that includes User ID and Additional Field ="1".

Is that the best route or is there a better way?

In the meantime, I created the Additional Field and named it NotEmptyAddress.

Here is the script I have that works without the NotEmptyAddress field integrated in (I am posting part of it as it is a Loop function and the rest of the loop aspects are not necessary, I believe, in solving this. It involves filtering and then GTRR, creates the PDF path and then inserts it into a container on the User's page, it also then marks the label request completed.):

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 1.59.25 PM.png