AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to Install FileMaker Server 16 Without an Internet Connection?

Question asked by jdbranum on Aug 4, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2017 by tcfitzgerald

I would like to be able to directly install FileMaker Server 16 and FileMaker Pro 16 on servers and user computers used on the isolated networks at my employer.  Files downloaded from the internet, such as the FileMaker product installers, can be transferred to these systems by a special process.

FileMaker Server 16 installation instructions states that an internet connection is required for installation, apparently to fetch third-party components that are not bundled into the installer package.  FileMaker Pro 16 on Windows requires Microsoft .NET 4.6 and later to be installed, and I have successfully completed the installation without an internet connection by first installing Microsoft's off-line installer for .NET 4.6.2.  I am hoping that I can do something similar for FileMaker Server 16, but first need to know exactly what third-party components that FMS16 normally fetches from the internet, and then attempt to obtain off-line installers for each one of these and install them prior to commencing installation of FMS16.

Has anyone successfully performed such an installation and/or know what specific third-party components are needed, and whether there are off-line installers available for each one of these components?

Thanks in advance,

James Branum

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, California, USA

Outcomes