4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 8:08 AM by Kaj_Hjorth

Changing webviewer map location by dragging

Kaj_Hjorth

Hi all,

we are trying to build a mapping solution where it is possible to move the location pointer received

by using FileMaker Mobile Location function by dragging the pointer and saving the new dragged location.

We have managed that by using PHP on Filemaker server, but we need to have the

solution to be able to also optionally work stand-alone ie installed on a mobile device without connecting to server.

Has anyone done that?

What clean Filemaker based mapping solutions are available or known out there?

Best regards

Kaj Hjorth

• 2. Re: Changing webviewer map location by dragging
          Kaj_Hjorth

Thanks Johan,

that’s a nice solution, but doesn’t seem to offer what we are looking for

i.e. give the possibility to change a location by dragging the pointer

It need’s to be said that we work in “the Wild”. No roads, to tie the location to

we only use the location Lat and Long as received by iPhone or iPad through Filemaker

GPS location technique

But definitely we need to look more closely on FileMaker and GoogleMaps integration

Kaj Hjorth

kaj.hjorth@tpnet.fi

kaj.ilmari.hjorth@gmail.com

Johan Hedman <noreply@filemaker.com> kirjoitti 4.8.2017 kello 11.48:

reply from Johan Hedman in Discussions - View the full discussion

What about this

Google Maps and FileMaker Integration - YouTube

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Discussions by email or at FileMaker Community

Following Changing webviewer map location by dragging in these streams: Inbox

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2017 • Phoenix, Arizona • July 24-26 • www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon

>

• 3. Re: Changing webviewer map location by dragging
            Johan Hedman

Google Maps API is a very good and useful API. There are several other map APIs that you can use. Some costs money and some do not. If you want to put several dots on a maps, most APIs will charge when you come up to a certain amount of dots.

From what I know, I have not seen anyone playing around and moving dots on a map using Google Maps API from FileMaker.

• 4. Re: Changing webviewer map location by dragging
              Kaj_Hjorth

To accumulate a list of locations in FileMaker by using FileMaker location function and then

show the accumulated locations all as pointers on one and the same map

is not very hard to do using the ideas from mapping (geolocation) demos supplied by Filemaker.

We show hundreds and it doesn’t take but a moment to draw in Webviewer

All this can be done without PHP.

The challenge is to show one point and the move it by dragging on your mobile devices screen

We manage this with the help of PHP on the server. The Filemaker record saves the original coordinates and the new ones.

We now wish to have this functionality native  in Filemaker (without PHP)

I am thinking about the new features of FileMaker 16. c-url and others

with which I am not familiar.

Johan Hedman <noreply@filemaker.com> kirjoitti 4.8.2017 kello 13.22:

reply from Johan Hedman in Discussions - View the full discussion

Google Maps API is a very good and useful API. There are several other map APIs that you can use. Some costs money and some do not. If you want to put several dots on a maps, most APIs will charge when you come up to a certain amount of dots.

From what I know, I have not seen anyone playing around and moving dots on a map using Google Maps API from FileMaker.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Discussions by email or at FileMaker Community

Following Changing webviewer map location by dragging in these streams: Inbox

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2017 • Phoenix, Arizona • July 24-26 • www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon

>