Product and version Filemaker Pro 22.214.171.124 (and FileMaker Pro Advance)
OS and version Windows 7 Enterprise (Service Pack 1)
Browser and version -
Import records from Excel (.xlsx) file using an import records script is not working properly, the field mapping window shows the available fields from source, destination, and the mapping arrows, but when you click ok records don't get created, you get a message stating 'No fields were selected for import'. When I test the same script in FileMaker 15 it works as expected (all records get created ).
How to replicate
- Create a table
- Create a script with a simple 'Import Records[with dialog n; add]', define the fields mapping and select arrange by matching names
- Add a button to layout
- Click the button and select the Excel (.xlsx) file which has similar field structure to your table
- The import field mapping window will show up, showing you the correct source fields, mapping and target fields. So you don't have to manually change anything
- Click OK
- Select the check box "Perform auto-enter opti........" and click import
- FileMaker will return No fields were selected for import
Workaround In the import field mapping window remove one of the automatically detected mapping arrows and select it again, the script will work after this.