5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2017 7:33 AM by philmodjunk

Two Column print layout: Page break don't align

lindseym

Preview.PNG

is there any way to make the second column line up with the first? So the yellow lines align?

This is what my layout looks like:

layout.PNG

In the header, I have a show/hide based on count of entries. When I sort by the part (with the grey bar) everything works as expected, but when that part isn't needed, it's the headers I need to show.

Thank you

-L

*edited to show correct layout.

• 1. Re: Two Column print layout: Page break don't align
          beverly

Can you screenshot your print script step (and page setup) and associated dialogs?

What version of FM are you using?

Guess: perhaps with the calculated "title" and sliding objects, you need to do something like have that title "appear" (but white text in all but first) in every column. Your layout screenshot is a little hard to see.

Beverly

• 2. Re: Two Column print layout: Page break don't align
            mikebeargie

Given the screenshots, the output is rendering exactly what has been specified.

lindseym

You need to:

1) Expand your header area down.

2) Move the labels and yellow line out of your subsummary part on the left side to your header.

3) Align them with the labels/line on the right side of the header that is already there.

You can see on your second screenshot that there is a greyed out square that represents the second column. Anything in that area will be in columns and slide around. Note that the header part itself though does not have that grey area. So if you want to line up your objects in a static matter, put them in the header, not in the body or subsummaries.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Two Column print layout: Page break don't align
              beverly

Your eyes are better than mine! Thanks, MB

• 4. Re: Two Column print layout: Page break don't align
                lindseym

I didn't explain my issue well enough.

What I should have asked was: Is there a way to get the overflow of column 1 to start in line with the first column?

I'd like line T2 to be in line with DWG 01.00.

2.PNG

I tried putting the yellow line in the sub-summary (that didn't work)

3.PNG

Hard to tell, but the yellow line covers the T2 row.

4.PNG

With anything, I am trying to have the most automated processes for the client that I can. If I did it your way (which would work, now that I know how to show/hide based on how many records show) there would be instances where if the project is sorted by the part with the grey bar, I would get this (if I remove the yellow line from the sub-summary part:

5.PNG

or if I don't remove the yellow line from the sub-summary, and I keep it in the header, too:

7.PNG

instead of what I want:

6.PNG

Sorting by the grey bar sub summary will only happen 25% of the time, so while it isn't asking too much for someone to go in and just hide / delete it, I at least want to make sure it's not possible vs me not knowing how to.

I will say, your response did give me some good ideas, if what I truly want, I can't get

Thank you!

• 5. Re: Two Column print layout: Page break don't align
                  philmodjunk

Only way to do that with multi-column printing is to change the column order in layout set up on the print tab. That can produce sub summary parts that span both columns, but record 2 prints to the right of record 1 instead of beneath it.

That may may not be what you want.

Portals might work, or you might try a virtual list.

1 of 1 people found this helpful