2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 3:29 PM by vtsr

Restoring from snapshot backup

vtsr

The FileMaker Cloud help files mention the ability to restore an instance to its prior state from a snapshot backup, but when I attach a snapshot, I don't see that option — I can only download the database to my local drive. How do I restore from a snapshot? Or has that functionality been removed?

• 1. Re: Restoring from snapshot backup
          steveromig

The FileMaker Cloud help files mention the ability to restore an instance to its prior state from a snapshot backup, but when I attach a snapshot, I don't see that option — I can only download the database to my local drive. How do I restore from a snapshot? Or has that functionality been removed?

The behavior you are seeing is the current behavior. 

Previous / Early versions of FileMaker Cloud only allowed for restoring from a complete instance and made restoring individual files difficult.  You get most of the same functionality with the current behavior without the "hoop jumping" needed to restore individual files.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Restoring from snapshot backup
            vtsr

Thanks for the quick reply, that explains it. Does the new behavior allow for the retrieval of logs from the backups? That's the only thing I'm having trouble getting (which is why I was looking to try to fully restore the complete instance).