I am using FM Server 15 on a Macintosh computer to serve a file to a number of users. My setup has been working perfectly for years.
Recently my cable modem had been acting up, so I replaced the old ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 with a Netgear CM700. This is a modem only. I use an Apple router purchase last year, so that isn't that old. Further, I have made no changes to any settings on any of the equipment.
My IP address is the same, so no updates needed when accessing the host files.
I've restarted the computer, made sure the wifi network is proper, I even opened an old version of the database file being served to make sure there was no damage to the file I am serving. Nothing works. Whether I try to access the hosted file from my laptop, or on my iPad, nothing works
I am at a loss. I am not aware of any settings needing to be done on a cable modem with no wifi, but this is the only change made to the setup today.