ChristofferRexen_1

Accessing External Data Source on Server (A) through WebDirect Server (B)

Discussion created by ChristofferRexen_1 on Aug 10, 2017

Hello everyone.

Currently trying my luck and accessing a FileMaker Database (A), External Data Source, on Server (A) through a FileMaker Database (B) hostet on another server, through WebDirect, Server (B).

Now, I've read the WebDirect FAQ

Furthermore read a question posted earlier, more or less the same.

Although still have a bunch of questions.

I have read that it is good practice to host a FileMaker Server and FileMaker Server setup for WebDirect on each separate sever.

Anyway, for the question, on both Servers the following is true.

- FM WebDirect Acces is enabled in both databases.

- The same privilege set has been installed in both databases.

I have a bunch of value lists in Database A hostet on Server A, which I would to access through Database B hostet on Server B.

I have added the needed relationships in Database B through External Database Sources and created the value lists "Source: From Another File" (Database A, Server A) -- value lists based on tables, which I have not added in the relationship graph in Database B, they remain in Database A, on Server A.

When logged in through WebDirect

• Add a new record
  • Add data to Field "_kfln_CompanyID" through Value List, although value from the Value List appear blank??
  • Field "_kfln_CompanyID" is numeric, control style; pop-over and is set to "Override data formatting with value list" so only displaying Text, a value list "from another file" Database A, Server A, the value list consists of "ID" and "Name"
  • Why can the same User logged in through FMP/FMPA see a Value List and all it's values, but not through WebDirect???

What am I doing wrong?

Outcomes