1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 8:17 AM by TSPigeon

Hidden Close Button on Card in Windows 10

DoomSolutions

Product and version - FMPA 16.0.1.162 64-bit

OS and version - Windows 10.0 Pro (Build 14393) 64-bit

Hardware - Dell Precision T3400, Intel Core 2 Duo 3 GHz, 10 GB RAM

Description - When a container field is set to Optimize for "Interactive Content" and positioned in the upper left corner of a layout that is opened as a Card, the close button is not visible.  Clicking where the button is supposed to be will still close the window, though.  Changing the container field to Optimize for "Images" does not have this problem, but then you lose the desired functionality.  This is also not an issue on a Mac.

How to replicate - Create layout with container field so it is in the complete upper left.  Set field to optimize for Images.  On another layout, script New Window step to open container layout as a card.  The close button will be visible.  Then change container field to optimize for Interactive Content.  Run script again to open New Window, and the close button is hidden, but it's still functional.

Workaround - The only, true workaround that maintains the field settings is to position the field low enough on the layout so it does not overlap with where the close button would appear, but this leaves an unwanted space at the top and is not a permanent solution.

• 1. Re: Hidden Close Button on Card in Windows 10
          TSPigeon

DoomSolutions:

Thank you for your post!

I was able to reproduce this issue with an Interactive Container in FileMaker Pro 16's Card Window on the Windows Operating System. This may be due to Button Objects not rendering over Interactive Container fields, which is expected behavior. I am sending a report to Testing and Development for further review. I will post back here when I receive a response!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

Edit: This issue does not occur on MacOS.