5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2017 7:15 PM by bkaisin

Drag & Drop PDF into container (FMS16)

bkaisin

Hello,

FMS16, FMA16, Mac OS 10.12.6

When I drag and drop a .pdf or a .mov into a container field it does not work.

The file does not appear in the field.

The thumbnail appears only if the container field is in a portal.

It works for images (jpg, png).

The problem is the same if the field's storage is local or external.

When the files is using as local (not using FMS), it works without problem.

It's working with FMS only when I select the field and using the Insert pdf… (from menu).

It really looks like a bug from FMS16. It was working under FMS14.

When I move the cursor on the bottom of the container field the +, -, open in preview and save as pdf in the download folder icons appear and works except for the save in the download folder.

The drag and drop from the container field to the desktop works for the pdf files (when the field is not allow in browse mode).

With FMGO the thumbnails (in the portal are replaced by: "The file cannot be found: the_name_of_my_file.pdf" and even when the pdf have been inserted from the Insert PDF menu (-> working with FMA16 and FMS16).

Any idea?

Regards

Ben

• 1. Re: Drag & Drop PDF into container (FMS16)
          wimdecorte

A couple of things:

bkaisin wrote:

It really looks like a bug from FMS16. It was working under FMS14.

As in: you host the same file on FMS14 instead of FMS16 but you open it with the same FM16 client in both cases?

bkaisin wrote:

When I move the cursor on the bottom of the container field the +, -, open in preview and save as pdf in the download folder icons appear and works except for the save in the download folder.

An empty container field doesn't have a scrollable area or anything to navigate the cursor around.  So it sounds like the file actually made it into the container and that what you are scrolling is the PDF?

• 2. Re: Drag & Drop PDF into container (FMS16)
            bkaisin

When the FMS16 was installed, this file received some update as well.

But I try with a new file with only 1 container field, it's the same.

I try with the [Full Access] privilege.

About your 2nd question, I meant when I insert a PDF from the Insert menu, the PDF is in the field and working with FM. There is no icon without pdf or with an empty field.

Thanks for your reply

Ben

• 3. Re: Drag & Drop PDF into container (FMS16)
              bkaisin

If you have a FMS16, try create a new file with just a container field to make some test.

You will understand very fast.

• 4. Re: Drag & Drop PDF into container (FMS16)
                wimdecorte

bkaisin wrote:

About your 2nd question, I meant when I insert a PDF from the Insert menu, the PDF is in the field and working with FM. There is no icon without pdf or with an empty field.

I don't understand that last sentence.  If there is no PDF in the field, the field is empty then of course there won't be an icon.  What do you expect to see if the field is empty?

• 5. Re: Drag & Drop PDF into container (FMS16)
                  bkaisin

Hello Wim,

sorry I was probably not clear enough.

My mother tong is not English, I am Belgian and working in SE-Asia.

I made a video with a new file to show you the exact problem.

I hope this will be clear enough.

PDF Drag_Drop Test.mov

Thank you

Ben