AnsweredAssumed Answered

CONTACTING LOCAL iOS SDK FILE TO HOSTED FILE ERROR 802

Question asked by user26913 on Aug 17, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2017 by david_lalonde@d-cogit.ca

I have a file that customers are currently using with Filemaker Go 15.

This local file acts as the set of scripts and interfaces. All the client data is stored on a hosted file including which layouts to use etc.

This hosted file is listed as an external data source on the local file. The filepath is of the form fmnet:/<thing.host.com>/<filename>
The method I use to script interactions from this file is by: perform script FROM:

When I start the Filemaker Go file, to check I have connectivity to the server, I use a perform script FROM which simply returns a 0 from the hosted file.
This seemed like a simple way to allow me to diagnose whether the server is down/Ipad doesn't have internet connection etc from an 802 error call/returning nothing from the script.
Its very rare for the server to be down. I have had one error in the past year on devices using Filemaker Go.

I've attempted to create an app using the SDK package by using the local file I've been referring to.

I have uploaded to Itunes connect and I've installed the app on an Ipad through test flight.

Everytime I start the application on the Ipad I receive the 802 error. (I've specifically put custom dialogues in the file to allow crude debugging as I'm unsure of how to use Xcode to debug the app and if its even possible).

I have no idea how to proceed to fix this issue as the local file relies on several scripts such as the return 0 one to update the device i.e preparing tables on the hosted file before importing to the local device with the correct found sets, sending the device UDID to the server to log amount of requests from a device and the current client and dataset combination installed on the device which then allow the filemaker update process to ignore the contents of the previous local file etc etc.
Is this style of scripting the wrong approach?
Has anyone else got something similar to work?
Is there another way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

attached is an example of what the ping script is like. I cannot show any more detail about the file as my boss doesn't want to release any information.

Attachments

Outcomes