AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question from a new user

Question asked by richeesee on Aug 17, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2017 by taylorsharpe

Hello everyone,

The company I work for has a department that uses Filemaker 11.  Unfortunately we don't have any documentation related to the application as this was purchased some years ago and it doesn't look like anyone documented it. 

In preparation for a Windows 10 roll out, I am looking at application compatibility.  Filemaker 11 raised a red flag so we proactively purchased a bunch of Filemaker Pro 16 licenses.

To be honest, I never heard of Filemaker Pro until last week and, I have no clue how the application works or even what it does.  I've been talking to some of the users to try and find all the working parts before moving forward with the upgrade from 11 to 16.  None of the users are able to explain the back end of the application so hopefully one of you will be able to answer a couple of questions.

Our users connect to a server that hosts the Filemaker database.  Does this file server require a Filemaker client installation?

Can you see any problems when upgrading to version 16 from 11?

Will the database need updated before the users can connect with the newer client?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Richard

Outcomes