AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMcloud licensing when switching instance type

Question asked by mtolman on Aug 18, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 16, 2017 by riyan

Has anyone had success with FMCloud licensing?  

My experience has been that if you switch instance type in the filmmaker admin console for your FMCloud instance then it reverts from an annual license to an hourly license.   It seems that the licenses that you buy for FMCloud are specific to the instance size (small, medium, large, etc), so if you switch it no longer recognizes your licensing and you are switched to hourly.

I am in a situation where I need to be at the larger instance size for performance, but can't figure out how to get it to recognize my existing licensing.  

I have tried several weeks of support tickets and haven't yet found a resolution.  FileMaker tells me to contact support@obitera (apparently that is who we buy licensing from when purchasing a FileMaker license from the Amazon marketplace).   Amazon directs me to people that don't understand the filmmaker licensing at all, and obitera doesn't respond and doesn't seem to have any phone numbers listed.   Meanwhile the hourly charges keep piling up (note that I never did sign up for any hourly or trial instances - started out with a single licensed instance from the start and kept that single instance - just used the FileMaker Admin Console to switch my instance size.

Outcomes