AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to open FMS16 from launch file

Question asked by ndveitch on Aug 21, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2017 by ndveitch

Hi there,

I have run into a bit of an issue with FMS16 where the launch files that I have been using for a long time now, from Version 12-15, are not initially opening databases that are hosted on FMS16.

I tested this on a spare machine and found that I first had to open one of the hosted files using the launch centre, then a dialog box opens and I have to accept the certificate and check the box to connect anyway and after that, then the launch file worked find for any file hosted on that FMS16 server. Granted it could be because we don't have our certificates setup on the server yet. Then again would that dialog box still show up even if there was a certificate on the server? To make the initial connection.

I now have a client that we are moving over to FMS16 but I don't have access to all of their machines to make that initial connection to the server. In the past I have just sent the updated launch file, but now that wont work, as none of the machines have connected to this server yet.

I need to find a way using the launch file to first check if that dialog box is going to come up, and if so, to mark it as connect always. Is that possible?

Thanx

Nathan

Outcomes