AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to tally survey results

Question asked by navarro on Aug 21, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hello,

My goal is to use FMP to create questionaires and tally the responses into three groups.

For example, let's imagine that I want to find out a person's constitution based on his/hers answers to a questionaire.

The questionaire has the following structure:

Question 1 -- Answer for Constitution 1 -- Answer for Constitution 2 -- Answer for Constitution 3

Question 2 -- Answer for Constitution 1 -- Answer for Constitution 2 -- Answer for Constitution 3

Question 3 -- Answer for Constitution 1 -- Answer for Constitution 2 -- Answer for Constitution 3

Question n -- Answer for Constitution 1 -- Answer for Constitution 2 -- Answer for Constitution 3

In the end, I want to know the total of answers for each constitution.

I have read a couple o posts related somehow to my question, but I don't know how to set it up so that I can get the totals for each Constitution.

A possible structure that suits my purpose is the following:

Respondants --< Responses >-- Questions --< Answers

The questions, possible answers and responses can be shown on a portal to Responses TO on a layout to Respondants TO

The Responses table allows me to record the answer for each question. But I don't know how to tally each response as belonging to Constitution 1, 2 or 3.

Any suggestions?

Outcomes