AnsweredAssumed Answered

Text not aligned properly for one user

Question asked by ndveitch on Aug 23, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2017 by ndveitch

Hi there,

I have an issue with one of my clients and when they save to PDF. I have a layout with a block of text on it and I have set the page setup to be portrait 100% A4 and when I and other users print the page out it looks fine. There is one user, the user who is going to be using this layout a lot, when she saves the page to PDF and text alignment is all out.

I think it has to do with the printer settings, but I am clueless as to how to resolve this as she works remotely and she has access to a number of different printers. So if it is printer related I am unsure of how to build for this. I have tried reducing the % of he page to 95, 90, 85, and 80 % and it might work one day but not the next and also reducing the page % doesn't help with the way the page looks.

Could padding help with this one? I was going to try it but i'm not sure if it will help as the text that is going out of alignment is nowhere near the edges of the tex block, and the text that is at the edge of the text block is fine.

What more can I look at to try and sort this out. It is only for the one user so I am inclined to say that it is user dependent, but it is a random event so i can't pin point it down.

Any advice is most welcomed.

Outcomes