AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inconsistant Padding for Checkbox Group between Computers

Question asked by jmeidal on Aug 24, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2017 by philmodjunk

I am experience an inconstancy in appearance of a checkbox group I have when viewed (or printed) from various computers.

I am running FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.6 on my PC, all other 6 PCs are running FMP 14.0.6. Our database is hosted online with FMS 14.

I desire to have a set width of the checkbox, but on a particular computer it always seems to be running long to the right (about 150% greater). This prevents that user from printing a useful layout. I'm puzzled what to do about this as it has popped up the last few months. Occationally I will hear of it and make a change in the left padding which makes it smaller than I would like for myself, but works great for that client. But then that sizing becomes bigger yet again somehow. I've run out of padding reduction I can allow now, without loosing visibility of the checkbox labels.

Any suggestions as to why this inconsistency in viewing the layout between computers? Yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled FMP from this client, and now still have the same issue. I appreciate any troubleshooting hints.

Outcomes