bngoofy

FileMaker Server 16.0.2 does not Run on Restart

Discussion created by bngoofy on Sep 2, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2017 by fmpdude

Here is the problem. FileMaker Server 16.0.2 does not run after the Mac is restarted. I have to uninstall and reinstall to get it to run again. Then if I restart the Mac again I have to repeat the process. This is exhausting when we usually restart the server nightly to clear it for morning.

I have tried this from a clean install of macOS and from an existing macOS that was running FileMaker 15 and uninstalled 15 then installed 16.

All tests were with macOS 10.12.5 or 10.12.6 on Mac Mini's i5 with 16 GB RAM. This has been consistent with no exceptions. The only other software running on the Mac is 360Works SuperContainer 2.9504 Server which RUNS at login of the Mac User which means it starts after the FMS. It runs on port 8030

We have been running 360Works SuperContainer Server with FMS since FMS 9 and have not seen any issues however I did try it with out SuperContainer and it still fails.

I also have made sure that Java does not update and is running the same version that FMS 16 installed. FMS is not running ANY extensions. Apple Server is not running or any version of Apache.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Outcomes