AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Progress Bar" for Percent of Payments Received

Question asked by richardsrussell on Sep 2, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 by philmodjunk

Most discussions of progress bars refer to real-time feedback for time-consuming processes such as looping scripts, data downloads, finds, sorts, or "Replace Field Contents" commands. This is not one of those, which is why I put "progress bar" in quotation marks in the title.

I'm working on a file to track pledges of future contributions to a non-profit organization. The total amount of the pledge is recorded in the "Pledges" table, and connected to it are a variable number of records in the "Installments" table. For example, a pledge of $400 might be made in 4 quarterly installments of $100 each. There could be anywhere from 1 to 60 installments per pledge; that info is recorded at the time the "Pledges" record is created, and then that many related "Installments" records are generated by a looping script.

As each payment comes in, it's recorded in a separate "Receipts" table, and each receipt is then linked to the "Installments" record that it's fulfilling.

So what I want to do is show a bar graph in each "Pledges" record that corresponds to how far along the pledge is toward being completely fulfilled. Here are a couple of examples:

Progress Bars.jpeg

The top one shows that 4 of an anticipated 7 payments (57.1%, or 286 pixels of the 500-pixel bar width) have been received, while the bottom one shows that 10 of 12 (83.3% or 417 pixels) have been received.

But I can't figure out how to set the width of the green bar using a calculation. Any ideas?

Outcomes