Script triggering plug-in adds new script steps and online help for FileMaker Pro 16.
Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands, September 4, 2017–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 4.5 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts remotely. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different computer (remotely)
- trigger a FileMaker script over internet
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
- communicate with databases in different FileMaker versions or even runtimes
Except from remote triggering you can also use the Activator Plug-in for:
- triggering a script on a specified date and time
- scheduling events which trigger any script you want
- running a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- validating fields on exiting a record with a custom script suited to your specific needs
What is new in version 4.5?
We rewrote Troi Activator Plug-in for FileMaker 16 and it now has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Rewrote and modernized the code in several places.
- Added namespace handling and improved the internal registration of function calls to make the plug-in more robust.
- Made various minor changes to the example files to better work with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Updated the User Guide and the Reference.fmp12 file.
Extra features when running FileMaker Pro 16
Version 4.5 adds the following new features when running in FileMaker 16:
- The Activator Plug-in adds multiple script steps when running FileMaker Pro 16. You can select these script steps in the script steps pane in Script Workspace, or you can begin typing the script step name, then choose the script step from the list that appears. The script steps expand the possible actions you can perform with FileMaker Pro. The following 10 script steps are added:
Schedule Script Trigger
Send Remote Script Trigger
Delete Script Trigger
Start Message Listener
Stop Message Listener
Start HTTP Server
Stop HTTP Server
Put Computer to Sleep
- Added new scripts to the RemoteTriggers.fmp12, ScheduleTriggers.fmp12, ShutdownRestart.fmp12, Sleep.fmp12 and UploadData.fmp12 example files, to demonstrate how to use the new external script steps of FileMaker Pro 16. The examples check if FileMaker Pro 16 is running and will then select these new scripts.
- Added support for online help for the functions and script steps of the plug-in. You can now easily get online help from the Troi website, by clicking the Help button (the small question mark button) next to the function description in the functions pane or the script step description in the script steps pane.
Apart from these additions we fixed bugs in the SendRemoteEvent, StartListener and RunScript functions and made various further improvements. More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Activator Plug-in 4.5 can be found at: https://www.troi.com/products/activatorplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 4.5 is available for downloading at: https://www.troi.com/products/activatorplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 89 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 4.5 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Activator Plug-in on or after June 14, 2016. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after September 7, 2017.
Upgrades from licenses bought before June 14, 2016 are available from US$ 39 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.