lmack

Error - emails could not be sent FM 16

Discussion created by lmack on Sep 8, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 by TSGal

I'm using FM Pro 16 to send emails to a contact list for a conference. After some trial and error, I was able to get a script working that sends a welcome email to new registrants. I wrote a new script, using the same port and SSL information that worked with the first and eliminating any records that didn't have email addresses, to send a follow up email to everyone.

As I test-drove the new script, I was able to successfully send the follow-up email to myself several times. When I changed it to send to everyone, it stopped working.

I thought I might be running into some spam blockage because I have 65 recipients, so I tried narrowing it down to just the first 30. No luck. Just the first 10 names - also no luck.

I have am using gmail as the from address but I have worked through all the issues around that, turned on access to suspicious apps, etc. I have also tried just going to file-send-email and that didn't work either (because it defaults to port 25 and no SSL - I found that port 465 and SSL works).

I'm tearing my hair out. Any suggestions/solutions would be most welcome!

Outcomes