Dobieg5750

Web Viewer & Google Maps: The Basics - a question

Discussion created by Dobieg5750 on Sep 9, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 by Dobieg5750

Hey all - so disclaimer up front:
I've spent a significant amount of time trying to nail down the answers to my question both here in the Community as well as outside (YouTube/Google/Etc) so apologies for the basic question.

I'm having absolute fits trying to nail down a simple way to insert a map in to a layout via Google...

1.) WITHOUT the search window overlay (my words, probably called something else) cluttering up my web viewer.

2.) I've had some success in generating a basic google map based on Lat/Lng data using this url:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6233113,-87.7173094,19z 

However, this doesn't insert a PIN in the location so it's basically a map of the area but no specifics.

Here is the deal...I've grabbed a Google API Key (for free) - attempted to insert it in to the url code per the many examples I've received, etc....often getting the "The Google Maps Embed API must be used in iFrame" - I don't even KNOW if I'm using iFrame or not.

There just should be an easy way to do this....I've seen examples of 2-3 page long HTML/Java just to do what should be a simple thing (in my mind).

Help!!!

Shawn

Outcomes