AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scheduled Server script won't import csv : file not found

Question asked by pwedel on Sep 11, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 by pwedel

I have scheduled script that exports the current file's contents, then deletes the contents of the FileMaker file, then is supposed to import a csv file located in:

"Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents"

The file exports without issue into the Documents directory. I created a variable called $export_path and have verified its value by setting a field in another table to the value of $export_path with the result:

"file:/Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/exported_myfile.csv"

I have assigned a variable called $path that is used in the import portion of the script. I have verified the path is correct by having the script set a field in another table to the contents of $path, so that I get:

"file:/Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/import_myfile.csv"

Both $export_path and $path are the same with the exception of the filenames and yet the Admin Console schedule page says the script completes okay without importing any records. ( I accomplish this by manually running the schedule ).

I have also tried a PSOS scenario to see if I can find out more with no luck.

I realize this is not the first time a post like this has appeared and I have gone through as many related posts as I could find on the board with no success. I would very grateful for any suggestions, magic incantations, or small miracles anyone might offer.

Sincerely,

Paul

Outcomes