AnsweredAssumed Answered

Insert pdf with insert from url

Question asked by ndveitch on Sep 11, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 by ndveitch

Hi there,

I need to import a PDF from a weblink to a container in FileMaker. I thought I could use the Insert from URL step, but when I open the container on a layout, the load bar gets half way and then stops. I tried different settings, but each time the PDF progress bar gets half way and then stops. When I right click on the container, the only option I have is 'Reload'. If I set the container to Images, I can right click the container and save the PDF to my desktop and it opens in Preview without trouble.

I get the weblink from a MySQL database that is hosted by a web developer. I save the URL to a field 'ImageLink', but it comes in like this,

["http:\/\/company.com\/co\/wp-content\/uploads\/gravity_forms\/1-d30a9aff1aff5d0fb19114dcdf2f4b03\/2017\/09\/fm16_certification_study_guide_en2.pdf"]

So I then run the Insert from URL step to the container field,

Insert from URL [ Select ; With dialog: Off ; LocalInvHead::ImageContainer ; Substitute ( LocalInvHead::ImageLink ; ["\/" ; "/"] ; ["[" ; "" ] ; ["]" ; "" ] ; [ "\"" ; "" ]) ]

This gets the PDF into the container, but i can't seem to open it as PDF in a container. Is there something that I am missing?

Outcomes